As I promised the followers of my Facebook page www.facebook.com/DrJsHealthcare, I am going to take some of the questions posed to me and answer them in my blog. The following question from Linda, is the first one we will cover. Please keep in mind that this is my personal opinion and not the official stance of TruVision Health. The Q&A thread is still active on my page, so you still have time to leave me a question that you would like me to cover for you.
Linda asks, “How valuable are the 7 day trials packs?
Great question. The 7 day trial packs were never designed for everyone to lose weight with. They are merely a tool to see whether someone is a good candidate to take a 30, 60 or 90 day course of TruFix and TruWeight & Energy. That’s not to say that many people don’t lose a significant amount of weight while taking their first trial, but I like to under promise and over deliver.
The trial packages are designed to do three things:
- Let you see if you like the delivery system of the product
- Check that you don’t have an allergic reaction or sensitivity to one or more of the ingredients
- Let you determine if you are able to properly fit TruVision into your daily routine
That’s it! At the end of the 7 days, if you found that you liked the capsules, and you didn’t have a negative or allergic reaction to it, and you found it easy to add to your morning routine – then you are a perfect candidate to order a 30 or 60 day supply of TruFix and TruWeight & Energy and actually get stated towards losing weight
The majority of people do experience weight or inch loss during their first week, but in the clinical trials there was a small percentage of people that didn’t lose until the second month. This is simply because a person carrying extra weight has some degree of imbalance. They may have insulin resistance, hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, hormonal upset, etc. Hormonal imbalances make it VERY hard to lose weight, but once you correct underlying imbalances, your body can release the weight it has been hanging onto. This process can happen very quickly or it can take a while – it really depends on your personal degree of imbalance. While some people may have experienced immediate benefits, I feel that this type of ‘immediate gratification thinking’ ended up in lost sales and unrealistic perceptions on the part of the customer, because many people felt that if they didn’t experience weight loss or a rush of energy during those few days, then TruVision was not going to work for them and they discounted its use.
Copyright (c) 2013, 2015 Miranda Jorgenson. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part with out the express written permission of the author. You are welcome to share this link or print this page and use in its entirely.
Ever since I joined Facebook, I have had the good fortune to make many new online friends and join several very interesting networking groups on Facebook and now I watch my FB friends waft in and out of Facebook JAIL. Now, it’s not a literal jail, but it is a horrible place to find yourself stuck in either temporarily or permanently . As I type this there are a few different threads going on in the various network marketing sites about Facebook Jail and how to avoid it, but they contain a fair bit of misinformation, so here is my take on what to do and what not to do to stay out of the pokey.
1) Actually READ Facebook’s Terms of Service for both personal and business pages. You can’t play by the rules unless you know them first!
2) Create a business page for your network marketing business. Use it! Your personal page is not intended for personal promotion of any sort. Keep In mind, that Facebook tracks everything. If 99% of your personal page’s posts are about Plexus Slim, Mary Kay, Silpada, Arbonne, or any other product, you are going to get ‘red flagged’. 80% of your personal page’s posts should be personal. Talk about your kids, your tea cup collection, your passion for crocheting outfits for cats — whatever! Just not your MLM. Facebook wants to make money from selling ads, they heavily frown on you selling anything from your personal page. Use your business page to promote to your heart’s content.
3) Quit posting your MLM replicated website! First, no one cares. Second, how many strangers have you ever had just click on your replicated page and buy something? My guess: none. Facebook is a social interaction tool. So be social and interact. If you spam your pages with your ordering information, it only encourages curious people to google the company or product, and they have a much greater chance of finding another representative’s fancy website and buying it from them, or worse, reading a article poo-pooing your product or service (usually planted by your competition).
4) Furthering #3, Utilizing a custom URL is not going to fool Facebook or get around their distaste for replicated websites. Go ahead, type your custom URL into a status update, and the link will show your replicated page. A simple redirected site is not going to allow you to spam. When you create a post on your page, the idea is to engage and interact with your audience. Encourage them to contact you privately for more information.
5) Stop ‘friending’ people you don’t know. Do you recall seeing that new little pop-up on Facebook asking you how you know this person? If they click ‘only through Facebook” or that they ‘don’t know you’ then you just earned a ticket to FB jail. No one is sure how they calculate how many of these ‘Go -to-Jail’ tickets you need to collect before you get a minimum two week time out, but you just don’t need to be sending friend requests to people you don’t know. If you participate in a group with someone that you don’t know personally, but would like to follow, then make sure you send them a brief introduction on what group you have seen them in, our shared interests, and why you would like to friend them. On a similar note, clean up your friend list. Remember those bitchy people from high school who didn’t like you then? Guess what? They still don’t like you. If you have antagonistic people on your friends list, get rid of them. These are the people most likely to report you for spamming. Also, when it comes to friending, don’t go on sprees where you add 40 people in a single day. Spread out your requests over time.
6) Don’t make your cover photo an advertisement for your product or service, and don’t use it to direct people to your business. Remember, business is business and personal is personal.
7) When you do put together a post, don’t copy & paste it to several different pages or groups in a short period of time. Make each message different, and be aware that Facebook utilizes complex algorithms to determine how long it should have taken you to put together a post and then navigate to another page. This number has varied over time, but don’t post more than once a minute. Period.
8) When you do post a link to your URL or if you are posting a link to any non-Facebook site, use short links (bit.ly, goo.gl, wp.me, etc.). Long URLs can trigger red flags, and a visit to the Facebook slammer.
9) Don’t promote your sales on anyone else’s page unless you were specifically asked to. It is rude, and it is spam. This carries over to sites other than Facebook too. I frequently see a sales rep or ambassador posting a nice thread or blog about something, then when I scroll down to the comments section I see no-good snipers pitching their wares on the author’s page, telling the audience to contact them for more info. It reflects poorly on you, on your product, on your company, and it is really, really bad karma.
10) Don’t be creative with your personal name. Unless your name is actually Cindy BODYBYVI Stanley, don’t put the name of the company you represent in your official Facebook name. Big red flag. Scratch that — HUGE red flag.
So, there it is in a nutshell. Go forth & prosper, and stay in the good graces of Facebook. They are second only to Google in traffic, so you don’t want to get banned for something you easily could have prevented!
Copyright (c) 2013 Miranda Jorgenson. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part with out the express written permission of the author. You are welcome to share this link or print this page and use in its entirely.
There is so much information and misinformation about weight loss on the internet that it is hard to wade through it all. Everyone has a different theory – it is fats, it is carbs, it is meat, it is dairy, it is preservatives, it is too many calories, it is not enough exercise, it is an inevitable part of aging, it is estrogens, it is not enough testosterone, it is mercury in retrograde… blah, blah, blah… Surely someone must have some answers!
Well, ten years of nutritional practice has taught me that no one has all of the answers. If you find someone who claims otherwise – RUN the other way! Weight loss science is constantly changing and it is as mercurial as the people who espouse individual diet plans. Quite simply, there is no quick fix and there is no single plan that will work for 100% of everyone. Period.
What I can tell you is that there are certain hormones that play key roles in many people’s weight gain or inability to lose weight.
1. Your body is not producing enough adiponectin. Adiponectin is a protein specific to fat cells and it is believed to play a role in the development of insulin resistance and atherosclerosis. Typically, the more body fat you carry, the lower your adiponectin levels, with increased levels of visceral fat (that fat hidden in your abdomen, packed around your internal organs) being especially correlated to decreased levels of adiponectin. Almost every symptom associated with metabolic syndrome or insulin resistance can be directly tied to adiponectin, so – how do you make more of this hormone and head off these problems? First, you need to increase your magnesium intake with supplements (like BioCleanse, or magnesium glycinate) and magnesium rich foods (raw spinach, pumpkin seeds, nuts, seeds, beans, lentils, fish, brown rice, bananas, figs, avocados, dark chocolate, etc.). Second, you should look into fish oil (omega 3 fatty acid) supplementation and exercise to increase your adiponectin levels.
2. Insulin imbalance. Think of insulin as a key that unlocks your cells so your body can take the glucose (sugars) in your blood stream and store it away in the cell for later. If you don’t have enough insulin, your circulating blood sugars remain too high, and these negatively affect your vasculature system, your fat storage, your blood pressure, your ability to heal, and even your brain. Much of the medical community thinks that insulin resistance stems from the body not having enough insulin, but other researchers, like Dr. Mark Hyman, MD, believe that too much insulin is the problem. He postulates that elevated levels of circulating insulin are even more problematic, and that many of the drugs and methods used to treat elevated blood sugar levels , actually cause the body’s tissues to be flooded with too much insulin, which slowly cause your body’s cells to become resistant to it, which means that greater and greater levels of insulin are needed to see any effect, which leads to vicious blood sugar and insulin swings, making these hormones rollercoaster throughout the day. The ingredients in Plexus Slim support the normalization of your insulin resistance. In addition, some studies have shown that consuming 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar before a high fat meal may work as well as drugs at decreasing blood sugar levels. If you consume artificial sweeteners, do yourself a giant favor and STOP!
3. Too much ghrelin. Ghrelin is your hunger hormone and it is found in the cells that line your stomach. It stimulates the hunger center of the brain and makes you desire sweet or rich foods. In fact, it is so efficient at stimulating your hunger centers, that elevated levels of ghrelin will make you feel the same way as if your were in full starvation mode – desperately craving the richest, highest calorie foods you can imagine. Furthermore, it makes you feel unsatisfied with the amount and quality of food you have eaten, whether you are truly full or not. It’s why you can slip in that piece of pecan pie or chocolate cake for dessert when you are already uncomfortably full from eating that big turkey dinner. A classic sign that you have too much ghrelin is that you feel you have room for dessert, or you find you are a bit hungry an hour or so after you eat. You fridge-cruisers know who you are! Ghrelin cycles in 4 hour increments, so typically you would be hungriest 4 hours after your last meal. So how do you address ghrelin? There are a few different things you can do. First, make sure you are getting enough sleep. 8 hours of sleep per night is the ideal. If you are getting less, or have poor quality sleep, please know that sleep deprivation causes your ghrelin levels to increase. Protein intake also staves off the release of elevated ghrelin levels, so make sure that each meal starts off with high quality protein sources (this is particularly important for breakfast). Consuming a small bowl of broth or soup before a meal is an excellent way to prevent ghrelin levels from rising too much.
4. Cortisol overload. We are designed for fight or flight. Cortisol is produced as a response to stress (and who isn’t stressed nowadays?). It increases your cravings for sweets and carbohydrates, it increases muscle breakdown for energy production, it increases the percentage of fat that is stored in your abdominal area, and it increases your levels of depression and anxiety – which make you eat more, which further increases your cortisol levels, creating a vicious cycle, resulting in you feeling tired and burnt out all of the time. Supplements such as fish oil, Rhodiola, lactium, magnesium, DHEA, and b-vitamins can all help reduce cortisol levels. Other things that have a positive effect include slow exercise like yoga or walking, meditating, praying, or just getting into a ‘zone’ where you let your creativity reign. Limiting coffee, and making sure you get enough sleep are other ways to keep cortisol levels normal.
So before you give up he fight, have a good look at these factors and see which ones may pertain to you and take the action steps needed to achieve your ideal weight. I have found Plexus Slim to be an excellent tool for my patients and clients in achieving their ideal weight in a safe and efficient manner. It truly is the non-diet, because it never involves meal replacements, shakes, calorie counting, points, or anything else. It simply helps to normalize insulin resistance and inflammation levels so your body can release the weight it’s been hanging on to. In addition, it makes it easy to make healthier food choices. You didn’t gain those 40 extra pounds in a month, and it will take you time to lose it, but the key is you. You have to draw that line in the sand and start something. 4 months from now, you can be the same weight you are now (or even heavier!), and still have those aches and pains, fatigue, gastrointestinal issues, etc., or 4 months from now you can feel like a million bucks. No one can ever force you to change because the choice truly is yours, but, if you want help and are sincere about making change, I will help you every step of the way!
“LIKE” my page at www.facebook.com/DrJsHealthcare for more information to help you on your weight loss journey!
So, you have signed up to for your own network marketing business, or perhaps you are just investigating companies because you want a low-overhead way to earn a second income for yourself and your family. Either way, you are in the right spot!
I have been involved in sales and marketing all of my life because it was my family’s business. There are certain things that hold true regardless of the line you are part of or the company you promote. Undeniably, there are certain factors that distinguish the people that wish from the people that do. Not everyone is cut out for network marketing, but if you commit to it and put in concerted effort – you can’t help but succeed. It will take time, it will take effort, but the rewards are innumerable. What I write can be applied to any type of sales, but I am specifically directing this post to network marketers.
If you want to be successful, the #1 most important thing you can do is to treat your network marketing business LIKE A BUSINESS. It is often quoted in this business that if you treat it like a hobby, you will get paid like a hobby. If you treat it like a business, you will get paid like a business. Quite simply, you have to earn your stripes. Nothing is going to fall into your lap. Your entire success is not held with your upline, the town you live in, your social circle, or anything other than YOU. There is no other industry in which you can create your own business with such a small investment or overhead cost. The nature of network marketing allows you to dictate how much time you dedicate to it. You can easily start your business while you are employed elsewhere, and transition to that point where you can FIRE your boss once you have replaced your 9-5 income.
So what are these distinguishing factors that I mentioned above?
1) You must work the business. Dedicate specific time to it on a daily or weekly basis. Physically schedule your business development time onto your calendar. Do not settle for distractions, and don’t brush off this time commitment! The more time you are able to dedicate to your business on a regular basis, the faster you will grow. Be prepared with business cards, brochures, flyers, a website, and/or samples. Keep these on your person, in your bag or purse, and in your car. Never be caught unprepared. It will cost you business.
2) Be a Product of Your Product. What does that mean? It means you have to LEARN about your products. Be an EXPERT about your products. USE your products every day, and BELIEVE with 100% conviction that your products are the best. If you can’t LEARN, USE, or BELIEVE in your products with complete conviction – then you have the wrong product and you will not succeed.
3) Share don’t Sell. No one enjoys being ‘sold’, but people do enjoy when someone takes time to share with them something that they found useful or helpful. If you have 100% conviction that your product or service will help a person, then it is your obligation to share it with them nicely. It can be hard to not be over zealous in your approach, but remember how you feel when people have tried too hard to convince you of anything – it turned you off entirely! I like to tell my children that “you are not listening if your lips are flapping”. The best sales people LISTEN to their potential customer and SOLVE A PROBLEM that exists. To be blunt, if you are talking more than your prospect – then you are tuning out what they are trying to tell you. If you truly listen to what they say, they will tell you exactly what you need to say or do in order to sell them anything.
4) Create an online presence and utilize social media to build your business. Post interesting information on a very regular basis. Every post can’t be a link to your ordering page. If you do that, you will quickly lose your circle of friends, and everyone will tune out your message. Worse, sites like Facebook will recognize you as a spammer and freeze or cancel your account. The people who do the best with social media position themselves as experts. They post pertinent information that people will find interesting. They are ambiguous about what they say. They leave their audience wanting more, and they leave the door open for people to contact them through private messaging to learn more. Successful network marketers CONTROL, LEAD, & DIRECT their potential leads.
5) Utilize your upline and/or find a mentor. Everyone who operates and succeeds at a high level has a coach or mentor in their life. Period. If your direct upline is not successful, go to the person above them, or the person above that. It is up to you to reach out and connect with that person and create a success network for yourself. If your team is non-functional, find a coach or mentor who is willing to work with you. This is crucial. Schedule a brief phone meeting with them on a weekly or every other week basis. Have them hold you accountable. Do not skip this step! They have been where you are, they have discovered solutions to the obstacles you are facing. There is zero reason for you to reinvent the wheel. Always ask for help when needed!
6) Follow up. Reach out to your customers on a monthly basis at a minimum. Make it brief but personal. Let them know that you are there for them and wish for them to have the best possible experience with your product or service. Reward them for their referrals, and remind them that you reward them for their referrals. Do the same with your team members. Reach out to them and help them with their obstacles. Always keep in mind that if your team is successful, you will be successful. It is your obligation to do everything in your power to help them succeed. All of this follow-up requires tracking. If you are computer savvy, create a file for each person to track what you have said or sent to them. If you are old school, create a binder system and make a page for each customer or team member.
7) Set goals & write them down! The old adage ‘if it isn’t written down, it didn’t happen’ is especially true when it comes to goals. Go buy a small journal or poster board and write down your goals. Be as specific and detailed as possible. Use emotion words. Use present tense. “I will take my children to Disney World when I earn $3000” or “I will pay cash for my son’s braces” is much more powerful than “I want to be a millionaire and sit on the beach drinking daiquiris all day”. “I am ___” statements are even more powerful! Review your goals on a regular basis. Make a vision board if you are a visual person. Celebrate your goals when you have achieved them, and make attainable goals so you maintain your mental excitement. Set both short term and long term goals, and reevaluate these on a regular basis.
7) Educate yourself. The most successful sales people and network marketers that I know all dedicate time to bettering themselves. This means reading books from authors who have made their way to the top. It means listening to coaching or empowerment CD’s in the car. It means sitting in on webinars and conference calls learning how to improve what you do. If you recognize that there is always something more to learn, then you are half way there. Cocky people think they know it all. Wise people recognize that there is always much more to know and master.
Success is yours for the taking! Are you willing to embrace it?
Dr. Miranda Jorgenson maintains a private practice in Louisiana, is an entrepreneur and nutritional coach.
Copyright (c) 2013 Miranda Jorgenson. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or part with out the express written permission of the author. You are welcome to print this page and use in its entirely for limited, non-commercial purposes. Do not post to other sources.